The Big Urban Mixtape
Bringing unsigned artist to the forefront for the furture of Hip-Hop

Afro Punk 08' Pt. 1


So I went down to BAM yesterday to par take in the 3rd day of the Afro Punk 08'...or as it as been dubbed "HoodStock" 

For all those that don't know Afro-Punk is a movement that started from a documentary that debuted in 2002, the brain child of Matthew Morgan & James Spooner. About Afro Centric , "Punk Rocker"  youth in America. But for more info you should really check out Afropunk.com 

I had so much fun at the festival yesterday...It took me back to my teenage years and how much I miss going to shows. I took a lot of great pictures...not as many as I wanted to cuz my camera died!!!  and meet a lot of awesome people, and found to great new Bands the i love, "Lets Go To War" and "Gang Rebellion" 







I hope to see you all at the next festival event this friday:

FRI July 11 @ Galapagos, 9:30pm, 
FREE...
70 North 6th St btn Kent and Wythe [Brooklyn, NY]

The 1st ever PRIMORDIAL PUNK Debutante Ball
featuring Brown Girls Burlesque w/ Mackie Riverside, Betty Black, Apollo Heights, Chewing Pics and Sweetie. Also with a midnight intro to our 12 Primo Pin-Up Girls.Part of the 4th Annual Afro-Punk Festival. With additional support from Black Rock Coalition.



 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?

Google