The Big Urban Mixtape
Bringing unsigned artist to the forefront for the furture of Hip-Hop

Hot New Artist - Picks!





Adele















Jazmine Sullivan











These two ladies are two of the most amazing female artists I've heard in years! I don't usually talk about artists that have already landed record deals but these girls are still up and coming so I guess it's fair.

The 1st is Adele! a 19 year old soul/Jazz/Alternative singer from the UK, London to be exact or to be more specific [Brixton...all day every day] I had to rep where I stay. But Adele is an extraordinary vocalist, in fact she attended the BRIT School of the Performing arts & technologies the same school Amy Winehouse and Leona Lewis attended.

Her 1st Album entitled "19" is collection of songs, the singer says that she wrote about a boy whom she dated and was deeply in love with, who was Bi. And a lot of the songs on the Album are about the ups and downs she experienced from the relationship, his cheating and wrong doings, etc.

The song of her's that caught my attention was her rendition of Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love" which someone dedicated to me on facebook. I am also in love with her singles, "Chasing Pavements", "Cold Shoulder", & "Hometown Glory". Take a listen and click the album cover to download it from iTunes.



And this the video for her lastest Single "Chasing Pavements"




Jazmine Sullivan, is a 20 year old Neo-Soul/R&B/Jazz Singer haling from Philly. I randomly came across her music on someones myspace, and I was like "who the hell is this!" The song a was her first single "Need U Bad" Produced by Missy Elliot. I fell in love with it instantly, and I started digging around on facebook and the net for more of her music.

This girl has been in the game for a while she was first seen on apollo kids at age 11, singing "Accept What God Allows" and was signed to Jive Records shortly after.




The singer was dropped from Jive records, with the labels "pop" sound at the time they had trouble finding songs for her voice. She is now signed to J Record with a whole host of songs that I find simply AMAZING, she actually wrote "Say I" as recorded by Christina Milian.

And has a rendition of Resentment [also recorded by Beyonce & Victoria Beckham] that could make you cry.




Her Single "Need U Bad" is available on iTunes, and her album is slated for release later this year so be on the look out!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?

Google