The Big Urban Mixtape
Bringing unsigned artist to the forefront for the furture of Hip-Hop

Mr. Sykes Interviews T-Eazy [I'm About Making Good Music]

Category: , , , , By Mr Sykes


I got some time to chill with Brooklyn born rapper T-Eazy. This dude is two mixtapes deep and definitely making a buzz in the New York hip-hop scene. He was really down to earth and I felt like was talking to an old friend.

Mr. Sykes: You’ve been rapping since you were 14 so how as your style changed from then ‘til now?

T: It’s changed drastically; it’s gotten better and better, perfecting my craft doing what I do. Of course the more you do something the better you get at it, keep going the better you are at it. I’ve been doing it since I was 14, I mean doing as far as not just saying I rhyme. I mean doing it was far as going on stage and performing and having a CD, moving and things of that nature. But of course with each Mixtape that drops your marketing ideas become better, your flow, your delivery, everything is just going up…

Mr. Sykes: So Hip-Hop is a movement so how are you moving the movement?

T: I’m bringing great Hip-Hop back into the Hip-Hop world, industry, the community. A lot of people are just doing cliché, which is cool I’m not knocking anybody get your money baby. But what I’m doing is just delivering great music, and delivering it with a consistent flow. Hard lyrics, just that Brooklyn swagger…

Mr. Sykes: So what’s the best song you’ve written so far? Best track you’ve done?

T: Let me say this, I’ve got different songs that get different reviews. And as far as me I feel that…On my last Mixtape “7-1-8 Wit’ Me 2nd dose” hosted by DJ Joker. I had a song on that called “Never Let You Go” Featuring Neat Streetz produced by my man M-Extra…I would say that it was good song because it got a great response, we performed it great everywhere, touched everyone. Neat Streetz is featured on the song but I wrote her verse. So I wrote from a female perspective, so for me that was something different for me (Mr. Sykes: as far as input goes) Yeah I just showed that it was a great song.. I think it was good concept, but I still deliver great consistent music on different levels.

Mr. Sykes: Who are you listening to right now?

T: T-Eazy! [Laughs] My Mixtape just dropped April 22nd so I’m still fresh out, so I’m still banging me. But you know definitely you gotta still listen to people, you gotta know what’s out there. But I really don’t listen to the radio all day everyday that’s not what I do…

Mr. Sykes: So what your favorite place to go?

T: Studio, that’s where I create all the magic at!

Mr. Sykes: Music matters to you because?

T: Because it’s genuine and it’s pure… you there’s a lot of people that do it for money, some probably just do it for fame. Some people just do it for whatever reason that there may be. But I do it because I love to do it, and that’s the art that I create. I touch people on different levels, different emotions, song topics, and still create that good music the only way I could do it.

Get More From T-Eazy @ http://www.myspace.com/ngdafuture

Click Here to post a Myspace Bulletin or a Facebook Note On this post
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?

Google