The Big Urban Mixtape
Bringing unsigned artist to the forefront for the furture of Hip-Hop

Mr. Sykes Speaks w/ Adé Marie [I Can only be Adé Marie]

Category: , , , By Mr Sykes

So I got a chance to sit down and talk to the spirited R&B singer Adé Marie. She was preparing to leave to fly out to ATL to do a show, so I was glad to catch a moment with her. Generally I don’t speak this way about artists, but it was a real blessing to speak to this girl… I was not in the best mood that day and she encouraged me so much and made me laugh. She is definitely on the rise so watch out for her.





Mr. Sykes: There are a myriad of female artists out there, you have your Beyonce’s, your Ciara’s, your Ashanti’s, so how do you differentiate yourself from those people?

Adé: I differentiate myself by remaining true to myself always! Everything I do has to be a reflection of myself; I’m not trying to be Beyonce, or Ciara, or Rihanna or anyone like that. Every time I sing, I try to immerse my heart and soul into everything I do. When I’m working with other artists, songwriters, or producers I try to let them know who I am. I want them to know about the journeys I’ve been through in my life so that they can understand me. Also I wanna be a trend setter not a trend follower. I definitely don’t wanna be like anyone, I’m Adé Marie.

Mr. Sykes: When did you realize you where mean to be a singer? How did you know you were meant to be a singer?

Adé Marie: I realized I was meant to be a singer ‘cause God told me I was supposed to be singer. He gave me this voice, since I could talk. And When I was 4 years old I was given the opportunity to sing in front of a large crowd, and I embraced it. I enjoyed being in the spotlight and ever since that day I’ve always had the urge to be on stage. Going to concerts and seeing various artists on stage I always wished that I was in their spot, I envisioned their fans as my fans. So That’s always a feeling that was set in my heart…

Mr. Sykes: So who’s in your ipod right now?

Adé: Well I listen to various type of music, it ranges from Sam Cooke all the way to Maroon 5. I’m not just focused on any one artist…

Mr. Sykes: What do you feel is wrong with the current state of the music industry, what do you feel is right with it?

Adé: Lets do this backwards lets start with the positive. Music first and foremost makes the world go round so it’s necessary. But unfortunately music lacks the effectiveness that it used to have. Now a day’s people can just make a hit song if you have a hot beat. But the context of the music is not where it needs to be. I feel that’s a problem that needs to be changed immediately.

Mr. Sykes: Where in the world would you most like to visit?

Adé: I would love to visit the motherland that being Africa, if you haven’t known my father is Nigerian, so I’m part Nigerian. I would love to go back to the motherland and help out as much as I can…Mr. Sykes: What song did you sing in the shower this morning?

Adé: Oooo what song did I try to sing in the shower this morning? Well normally when I get up in the morning I try to do my vocal warm up, you know a little 20 min la, la, la before I start singing. Yesterday I started working on this new song so I was actually trying to figure out some lyrics to the new song I’m putting together.

Mr. Sykes: I think that’s common with singers; we come up with stuff in the shower. I know personally I’ve written some of my best songs in the shower like, ‘Man I wish I had some paper in here this is great
[Laughs]

Mr. Sykes: If you where offered a recording contract right now would you take it?

Adé: It all depends on the contents of the contract; I don’t want to be quick to take anything. But if you know anybody who’s offering a contract tell em’ feel free to holla me and my manager. [Smiles]

Get more from Adé Marie check @ http://www.myspace.com/ademarie
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Unknown April 16, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    A GREAT POSTIVE INTERVIEW,
    ADE MARIE IS GOING TO BE BIGGER THAN MARIAH CAREY AND BEYONCE.
    ATLANTA STAND UP!
    C-STYLES SAID LETZ GO FOR 2008 AND BEYOND!

Something to say?

Google